In 2017, 61 residents of Sacramento passed away from opioid overdose. Like all areas of the United States, many people in Sacramento are struggling with addiction.
Thankfully, many treatment facilities in Northern California can provide you or your loved ones with the support you need to begin recovery.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Sacramento
The Sacramento Police Department works to provide Sacramento residents with resources and connections to substance abuse treatment facilities.
If you’re beginning the process of learning more about treatment options, you can:
- reach out to a drug or alcohol rehab center directly
- call one of the services on the Sacramento Police Department’s Community & Mental Health Resource Guide
- reach out to an agency on California’s Department of Health Care Services’ Directories for Substance Use Disorder Services
- use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Also, consider some factors as you search for the right accredited treatment facility for you:
- individualized treatment plans: the factors that create substance use disorder are different from person to person, and you’ll need an individualized treatment plan
- evidence-based services: some types of treatment, like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), have proven to be effective for treating alcohol or drug addiction
- family involvement: if your family is a part of your support system, you may want to look for a treatment facility that uses your family members in the process
- co-occurring disorders/dual diagnosis: for people who suffer from another mental health disorder in addition to substance use disorder, you’ll need healthcare services for both conditions
- continuum of care: some drug rehab centers allow you to work with the same treatment providers from the start to the finish of your program
Sacramento Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Sacramento has many addiction treatment options. Many with drug and alcohol addiction begin with medical detox followed by inpatient or outpatient treatment.
After formal treatment ends, it’s important to work through a comprehensive aftercare program to help you stay strong on the path towards addiction recovery.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
The thought of detox can be scary, and the idea alone stops many people from enrolling in a recovery center. Thankfully, the medical detox process keeps you as safe and comfortable as possible as you experience withdrawal.
A medical detox sets you up for a successful inpatient or outpatient rehab program.
Learn more about Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
During inpatient treatment, you’ll live at the facility and have access to around-the-clock care.
Recovery takes place in a healing environment, and treatment services are likely to include wellness classes, holistic activities, group and individual counseling, and care for other mental health issues.
Learn more about Inpatient/Residential Treatment
During outpatient treatment, you’ll commute to and from the facility each day, participating in therapy while still managing day to day responsibilities. Levels of outpatient care include intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
Learn more about Outpatient Treatment
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines behavioral therapy with medication like methadone that works to counteract some of the physical and mental changes caused by opioid addiction. MAT is also available for alcohol addiction.
Learn more about Opioid Addiction Treatment
After finishing a recovery program, your treatment team will work with you to develop a long-term sobriety plan that may include 12-step meetings, group/family/individual therapy, stress management techniques, sober-living housing, and more.
Learn more about Drug & Alcohol Rehab Programs In California
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Sacramento
If you have health insurance, your treatment may be partially or fully covered by your plan. To find out how much alcohol or drug treatment is covered, you can:
- reach out to your insurance provider
- contact an addiction treatment center with your insurance info ready
- familiarize yourself with the details of your policy
In California, you may also have access to state-funded treatment options in your area.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we know how tough it can be to get help for addiction, and we’re here for you. We’re proud to provide California residents with top-notch treatment at our Massachusetts care facilities, including our Spring Hill facility in Ashby, MA.
To learn more about our recovery programs, please contact us today.
Sacramento Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Sacramento?
You can reach out to a treatment facility directly, reach out to an agency on California’s Directories for Substance Use Disorder Services, or call one of the services on the Sacramento Police Department’s Community & Mental Health Resource Guide.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Sacramento?
Your treatment may be fully or partially covered by your health insurance, depending on your individual plan.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Sacramento Without Insurance?
Going to rehab without insurance is always an option. You may choose to pay out of pocket or utilize state-funded rehab programs to access treatment.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Sacramento?
Yes, there are walk-in clinics for people who are struggling with opioid addiction in Sacramento.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last?
While the length of treatment may differ from person to person, most rehab programs last 30, 60, or 90 days.