From June 2018 to November 2019, the Long Beach Fire Department reported more than 400 overdose incidents. Narcan, an opioid overdose reversal agent, was used in 335 incidents.
Thankfully, there are drug and alcohol rehab centers in Southern California that can help with substance use disorder. Learn more about your substance abuse treatment options in this region of California.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Long Beach
The LA County Department of Public Health oversees addiction prevention and treatment services in Long Beach. If you’re beginning the search for addiction treatment, some ways to get started include:
- contacting a rehabilitation center directly
- checking the California Department of Health Care Services Directories for Substance Use Disorder Services
- using the LA County Service & Bed Availability Tool
- using the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Some factors that you may want to consider as you decide which rehab program is the best fit for your needs include:
- individualized treatment plans: the factors that caused your substance use disorder are unique, and you’ll need a personalized alcohol or drug treatment plan
- evidence-based services: some therapies (like cognitive-behavioral therapy) are evidence-based or research-driven for treating alcohol abuse or drug addiction
- family involvement: your family members may be an important part of your support network, so look for programs that involve them in treatment
- co-occurring disorders: if you suffer from a mental health and substance use disorder, look for rehab centers that offer dual diagnosis care
- continuum of care: you may want to choose a facility that offers multiple levels of care with the same staff
By researching information on the addiction treatment process, you’re taking the first step toward long-term wellness.
Long Beach Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
For many people in Long Beach, drug and alcohol treatment begins with a medically-supervised detox program, followed by inpatient or outpatient rehab.
At the end of formal treatment, people entering recovery may benefit from medication-assisted treatment. It’s important to follow a comprehensive aftercare plan as well.
Learn more about Rehab Centers In California
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
Successful recovery often begins with medical detoxification. Going through the detox process at home can be extremely dangerous (or even fatal).
When you go through detox with a medical treatment team, you’ll prepare your mind and body for rehab as comfortably and safely as possible during withdrawal.
During a residential program, you’ll live at the treatment facility. With access to 24-hour care, you’ll get to focus fully on getting well, without the stressors of day to day life.
You’ll also get the chance to get to know others who are at a similar phase in their treatment. Treatment services are likely to include holistic care, behavioral therapy, group therapy, and recreational activities that promote health and wellness.
Outpatient treatment can provide a solid start to the recovery process. During outpatient treatment, you’ll travel to and from the facility each day. You’ll likely have access to both intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines medication(s) with behavioral therapy. MAT can work to combat some of the physical and psychological issues that may be caused by opioid or alcohol addiction.
Following a comprehensive aftercare plan is a key part of long-term recovery. Your aftercare plan may consist of individual therapy, 12-step meetings, case management, sober-living assistance, family therapy, stress management, and more.
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Long Beach
If you have health insurance, addiction treatment may be partially or fully covered by your plan. To learn more about your insurance coverage, you may want to:
- reach out to your insurance company directly to learn more about your plan
- reach out to a treatment provider to discuss whether they accept your insurance plan
- research your plan on your insurance company’s website to learn more about your coverage
California also offers low-cost and state-funded treatment options that can help you get the treatment that you need if you don’t have insurance.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we’re proud to provide California residents with treatment at our Massachusetts facilities, including our Spring Hill Recovery Center located in Ashby. Reach out to us to learn more about how we can support your journey to wellness.
Long Beach Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Long Beach?
You can reach out to a treatment provider directly (like Ark Behavioral Health), check the California Department of Health Care Services Directories for Substance Use Disorder Services, or use the LA County Service & Bed Availability Tool.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Long Beach?
Insurance coverage depends on your individual plan. Your health insurance may fully or partially cover your addiction treatment.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Long Beach Without Insurance?
Going to rehab is an option no matter what your insurance situation. You can pay out of pocket or utilize state-funded rehab options.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Long Beach?
Yes, there are walk-in opioid clinics in Long Beach for people who need help with opioid addiction.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last In Long Beach?
Typically, drug rehab programs last 30, 60, or 90 days. However, the length of your program depends on the rehabilitation program and your individual needs.