Best Drug Rehab Programs In Ohio (2023) | Ohio Recovery Center
- Find Addiction Treatment In Ohio
- Drug & Alcohol Detox In Ohio
- Inpatient Drug Rehab In Ohio
- Ohio Outpatient Treatment
- Paying For Drug Rehab In Ohio
- Addiction In Ohio
- Ark Behavioral Health
- Addiction Treatment FAQ
If you or a loved one struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, professional treatment is the best option available to help you overcome your condition and build a better life. Working toward recovery can be a challenge, but choosing the right treatment program makes all the difference.
Here is an overview of addiction treatment options available in the state of Ohio, along with some frequently asked questions about Ohio addiction treatment programs.
Call Ohio Recovery Center Today – Launch your recovery journey in the idyllic Midwest heartland.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Ohio
In Ohio, the Mental Health and Addiction Services department is responsible for the oversight of substance use disorder treatment in the state. This agency also designs programs and services geared toward the prevention of substance use disorders.
If you’re interested in enrolling in addiction treatment, you can find a provider in Ohio using several different strategies:
- meet with your doctor: In many cases, a primary care provider will be able to refer you to the right treatment facility.
- contact addiction treatment facilities: If you’re aware of addiction treatment facilities in your area, you can contact them directly to learn more about their services.
- call the Ohio CareLine: You can call an Ohio-based hotline for emotional support and information about addiction treatment programs. This line is available 24/7.
- use the SAMHSA database: The SAMHSA database provides information about treatment programs in the state of Ohio, as well as other states.
Every treatment program is unique, and it is important to research your options before making a choice. As you compare different programs, be sure to consider:
- services offered: In general, it’s best to look for a treatment facility that utilizes evidence-based services. Evidence-based services are backed by research studies.
- family involvement: If you want family members to participate in the treatment process, seek out a rehab facility that encourages family involvement.
- dual diagnosis treatment: If you have a co-occurring mental health disorder, look for a facility that will treat both addiction and your mental health issue at the same time.
- customized treatment: For the best results, your treatment plan should be customized to meet your unique needs.
- licensure and certification: The state of Ohio offers licensure and certification to qualifying addiction treatment providers.
In addition to the characteristics above, you may also consider other factors when choosing a treatment program, such as location, cost, and program length.
Find Addiction Treatment Programs Near You
Ohio Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
The level of care needed to help a patient recover from addiction will depend on the patient’s unique situation. Ohio offers several different levels of care to meet the needs of different patients in addiction recovery.
Levels of care available from rehab facilities in this state may include:
- medical detoxification
- outpatient treatment
- inpatient treatment
- residential treatment
- partial hospitalization programs
- aftercare planning, support, and resources
Many treatment facilities provide more than one level of care. In addition, it is important to note that some patients may move through multiple levels of care on their journey to recovery.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
Drug and alcohol detoxification programs support patients as they go through withdrawal. During this time, patients may receive medical care and medication, as well as emotional or psychological services.
Medical drug and alcohol detoxification programs are usually short-term in nature and designed to prepare patients for the next phase of treatment.
Residential/Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient and residential treatment programs require patients to live at the treatment facility continuously during treatment.
These programs may be highly-structured, requiring patients to follow an intensive daily schedule of treatment activities, or they may be designed to act as a transition between hospitalization and outpatient care.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient drug treatment programs involve scheduled treatment sessions at least once each week. With the most intensive outpatient programs, patients are required to spend nine or more hours in treatment on a weekly basis.
Outpatient programs may include both individual and group therapy sessions, as well as other treatment services.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs help patients recover from opioid or alcohol addiction by prescribing a specific medication that reduces cravings. With fewer and/or less intense cravings, patients are able to focus more of their attention on making a full recovery.
In many cases, medication-assisted treatment programs will also include other services, such as counseling.
Following the completion of an addiction treatment program, aftercare support is strongly recommended. Aftercare services provide patients with the resources they need to stay sober, even as they return to their everyday lives and face triggers that could raise the risk of relapse.
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Ohio
Most addiction treatment facilities in the state of Ohio will accept both public (Medicaid/Medicare) and private insurance payments for addiction treatment.
If you have insurance, you can learn about how your benefits will apply to treatment by:
- calling the number on the back of your insurance card to speak with a representative
- reading through your policy documents
- contacting treatment facilities directly to verify your coverage
Remember that the benefits provided by your insurance policy may differ depending on the facility you choose.
If You Don’t Have Health Insurance
Ohio offers state-funded treatment options for qualifying patients. Even if you don’t have insurance, you may be able to find an appropriate program at a reduced cost. Some people may even qualify for free addiction treatment.
Ohio Substance Abuse Facts
In 2017, Ohio experienced its highest number of unintentional drug overdose deaths: 4,854.
2020, however, surpassed 2017 and became the deadliest drug-related year in the history of the state.
Other facts collected from the Ohio Department of Health include:
- In 2020, 5,017 state residents died from a drug-related overdose.
- The number of overdose deaths in 2020 increased by 25% compared to 2019 (4,028).
- In May of 2020 alone, Ohio saw the highest number of drug-related overdoses ever recorded in one month (574 deaths).
- Over 80% of 2020 drug overdose deaths involved illicit fentanyl or fentanyl analogs.
- Fentanyl-involved deaths in 2020 often involved more than one substance.
- Deaths related to fentanyl in 2020 increased by 32% compared to 2019.
- Deaths related to psychostimulants (cocaine, methamphetamine, etc.) increased by 28% compared to 2019.
- Compared to other ethnic groups, Black males had the highest rate of drug overdose deaths in 2020.
In 2020, over 85% of all drug overdose deaths involved opioids, which accounted for 4,308 deaths. Opioid addiction and abuse can be effectively treated with a combination of detox services, medication-assisted treatment, behavioral therapy, and peer support.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
We offer various rehab programs to meet the needs of patients with alcohol or drug addiction, including medical detoxification, inpatient care, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and standard outpatient therapy.
If you live in Ohio, you can still seek treatment at one of our facilities if you are willing to travel.
Ohio Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Ohio?
If you are in need of addiction treatment in the state of Ohio, you can access treatment by talking to your doctor, calling treatment centers directly, or calling the Ohio CareLine.
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In Ohio?
Treatment facilities in Ohio customize services based on patient needs. As a result, addiction treatment may look different for different people. To find out what to expect when you enter an addiction treatment program, talk to representatives from the facility.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Ohio?
Most addiction treatment facilities in the state of Ohio will accept payments from insurance companies. You can learn more about your benefits by contacting your insurance company and/or speaking with representatives from specific rehab facilities.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Ohio Without Insurance?
If you don’t have insurance, you can still go to rehab. Depending on the situation, you may qualify for free or reduced cost programs. You may also be able to pay for treatment on your own with cash or credit.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Ohio?
Ohio offers walk-in opioid clinics, as well as naloxone dispensaries throughout the state in major cities like Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Toledo.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In Ohio?
Yes, free and state-funded treatment is available across the state of Ohio.
How Long Does Rehab Last In Ohio?
The length of your rehab program will depend on different factors, including the severity of your condition and your progress. Some patients may need to spend significantly more time in treatment than other patients. Ask your care team for more information specific to your case.
State of Ohio - Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services - Licensure and Certification
Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services - Psychiatric Hospitals
Ohio Department of Health - 2020 Ohio Drug Overdose Data: General Findings
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
Our friendly support team is here to chat 24/7. Opt out any time.