Iowa Rehab Centers – Best Drug Addiction Treatment In Iowa (2023)
- Iowa Drug Rehab Programs
- Drug & Alcohol Detox In Iowa
- Inpatient Drug Rehab In Iowa
- Outpatient Rehab Programs In Iowa
- Paying For Rehab In Iowa
- Iowa Addiction Facts
- Ark Behavioral Health
- Iowa Addiction Treatment FAQ
Addiction is a relapsing disorder that can be chronic if not treated with professional care. The state of Iowa is no stranger to addiction and other substance use disorders, as officials have battled the opioid epidemic and more for decades. In 2018, Iowa recorded 143 opioid-related overdose deaths.
Roughly 28,000 Iowa residents are admitted for drug or alcohol addiction treatment each year.
Many residents of Iowa have turned to addiction treatment to overcome the disease. The state is now home to more than 125 alcohol and drug rehab facilities, many of which are located in metro areas like Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, and Sioux City.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Iowa
A number of organizations are available to help Iowa residents access addiction treatment. Here are several of the many ways you can find help in Iowa and beyond:
- call the Your Life Iowa helpline
- contact the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Helpline
- use SAMHSA’s online Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- contact the Iowa Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Abuse
A search for quality addiction treatment centers in and around Iowa will lead you to a long list of results. It’s important to note that a number of the top drug rehab facilities in the country share several similar characteristics.
Here are five key elements to search for when choosing an addiction treatment center in or near Iowa:
- accreditation: the rehab center should meet a variety of criteria defined by the accreditation organization
- individualized treatment plans: your addiction treatment plan should be customized to suit your addiction as well as your mental and physical needs
- family involvement: the drug rehab center should encourage your family members to take part in your recovery process
- co-occurring disorders: the facility should offer dual diagnosis, so the addiction experts can work toward healing both disorders at the same time
- continuum of care: every quality drug rehab facility will offer aftercare services to help prevent relapse and promote lifelong recovery
Treatment lengths can vary greatly based on the severity of addiction and whether you’ll be undergoing inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, or another treatment program.
Your personal treatment goals, substance use and treatment history, and insurance coverage all play roles in determining the length of your treatment.
Iowa Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
The state of Iowa and the addiction treatment facilities available offer a variety of drug and alcohol rehab programs. The Iowa Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Abuse oversees substance abuse treatment across the state.
Available treatment programs may include the following:
- inpatient treatment programs
- outpatient treatment programs
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- and more
Drug and alcohol treatment programs vary from one rehab center to another. Although, most top-quality rehabilitation centers in or near Iowa offer detoxification services, inpatient programming, outpatient treatment, and more.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification In Iowa
Detoxification can be a dangerous process. That’s because detox involves allowing the body to clear itself of drugs or alcohol.
Medical detoxification involves the use of certain medications to ease the symptoms of withdrawal and promote a safer detox process. Drug and alcohol detox requires around-the-clock monitoring.
Residential/Inpatient Drug Rehab In Iowa
Residential treatment involves living on-site at the addiction treatment center and receiving 24-hour care.
Also known as inpatient treatment, residential treatment involves the use of behavioral therapies, wellness activities, educational courses, gender-specific services, and more within a healing healthcare facility filled with both professional and peer support.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment In Iowa
Outpatient treatment services vary greatly in intensity. Less severe cases of addiction may require traditional outpatient services, while more serious addictions can warrant intensive outpatient programs or partial hospitalization programs.
The addiction experts at the drug and alcohol rehab center will determine which form of outpatient treatment is best for you.
Medication-assisted treatment, also known as MAT, involves a combination of medications and behavioral therapies to combat addiction and prevent relapse.
The state of Iowa is home to a number of treatment facilities that work alongside primary care practitioners to provide medication-assisted treatment. MAT programs are only available for those who struggle with opioid or alcohol abuse.
A quality addiction treatment center doesn’t stop serving you once you’ve completed inpatient or outpatient treatment. Aftercare services are programs provided following treatment to keep you on the path to recovery.
The following are several examples of extended care:
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Iowa
Iowa residents are fortunate that health insurance is accepted at many alcohol and drug treatment centers.
The Medicare payment structure allows Medicare to be used for behavioral health conditions, including addiction and substance use. disorders. The state also offers provider reimbursements for treating substance use disorders.
One of the first steps toward beginning treatment is finding out if your insurance policy will cover or help with the payment of your addiction treatment. The following are several ways to find out how to use your insurance for drug rehab.
- contact the addiction specialists at the drug rehab facility you wish to attend
- call your insurance provider
- thoroughly read the insurance policy you received when you signed up for health insurance
- learn which providers are in-network, what your deductible will be, copay and more.
Knowing more about your insurance policy will ensure you receive quality treatment as affordably as possible. Learn more about insurance coverage here.
Iowa Substance Abuse Facts
Iowa residents are confronted with a growing number of substance use fatalities. Opioids, psychostimulants like cocaine and methamphetamine, and alcohol contribute to a significant number of avoidable deaths each year.
Other facts collected from the Iowa Department of Public Health include:
- Iowa recorded a total of 460 drug overdose deaths in 2021, an increase from 2020’s 419 deaths.
- In 2021, there were 250 opioid-related overdose deaths, an increase from 2020’s 213 deaths.
- In 2021, 192 drug-related deaths involved psychostimulants, an increase from the 164 deaths in 2020.
- Alcohol played a role in 826 deaths in 2021, an increase from the 760 deaths in 2020.
In 2019, Iowa recorded 350 drug overdose deaths and 598 alcohol-related deaths. With deaths increasing year after year, the state has launched multiple efforts to make prevention, treatment, and recovery more accessible.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
Ark Behavioral Health operates several accredited addiction treatment centers. Our facilities have been praised for our individualized treatment plans and evidence-based treatment methods.
Ark Behavioral Health centers include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, Mass.
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth, Mass.
- Spring Hill Recovery Center in Ashby, Mass.
Ark Behavioral Health facilities are not only open to residents of Massachusetts. We are some of the most esteemed addiction treatment facilities in the country, and we can be accessed by residents of Iowa and far beyond.
To find out more about how our treatment methods can help you or a loved one, please contact us today.
Iowa Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Iowa?
Locating addiction treatment in Iowa doesn’t have to be difficult. Log onto the YourLifeIowa.org website for a long list of resources or contact the hotline to find a quality treatment center near you.
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In Iowa?
Addiction treatment in the state of Iowa can take many forms. For some, it may involve inpatient treatment at a qualified rehab center. Others may undergo outpatient treatment of varying levels of intensity.
Addiction treatment in this state is based on the severity of your addiction and your personal needs.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Iowa?
Many drug rehab facilities in Iowa allow full or partial payment through major health insurance providers. Medicare/Medicaid can be used for payment as well.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Iowa Without Insurance?
The Iowa Bureau of Substance Abuse offers a number of grants to help those without any form of health insurance pay for substance abuse treatment.
Find out more by visiting the Bureau of Substance Abuse website or calling the hotline. The state of Iowa also offers a number of state-funded treatment options.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Iowa?
The state of Iowa is serious about combating opioid addiction. A number of walk-in opioid clinics are located across the state. Visit the Your Life Iowa website to find practitioners offering medication assisted treatment across the state.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In Iowa?
Yes, the state of Iowa offers a variety of treatment options funded by the state, individual counties, and non-profit organizations.
How Long Does Drug Rehab In Iowa Last?
The duration of rehab depends on the type of treatment you receive. Inpatient treatment is generally quicker than outpatient treatment because you will live on-site at the rehab facility for 24-hour care.
Inpatient drug rehab generally lasts between 28 days and six months while outpatient treatment can take place anywhere from three months to over a year.
Iowa Department of Public Health - Bureau of Substance Abuse
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Types of Treatment Programs
National Institute on Drug Abuse - What is drug addiction?
Your Life Iowa - Homepage
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Iowa: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
Iowa Department of Public Health - Substance Use and Problem Gambling Data Reporting - In the Know
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
We've got you covered.
Receive 24/7 text support right away.
There is no obligation and you can opt out at any time.
People Also Read
- Illinois Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- Kansas Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- Massachusetts Rehab Centers
- The Best Drug Rehab Centers In Minnesota
- Missouri Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- The Best Drug Rehab Centers In Nebraska
- North Dakota Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- The Best Drug Rehab Centers In South Dakota
- Wisconsin Drug Rehab Centers Near You