Mississippi Rehab Centers | Detox, Inpatient Drug Rehab, FAQ
- Mississippi Drug Rehab Centers
- Medical Detox
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Rehab
- Using Insurance To Pay For Rehab
- Mississippi Addiction Facts
- Ark Behavioral Health
- Mississippi FAQ
Prescription drugs like opioids and benzodiazepines were recorded in about half of the overdose deaths in Mississippi in 2018. Overdose deaths that involved illicit drugs like heroin and methamphetamine are reportedly on the rise.
Thankfully, there are substance abuse treatment options for Mississippi residents struggling with substance use disorder, including opioid or alcohol addiction.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Mississippi
The Mississippi Department of Mental Health’s Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services oversees addiction prevention and treatment throughout the state.
If you’re beginning the process of finding the right drug or alcohol rehab center for you or a loved one, you can:
- contact a treatment provider directly
- use the Mississippi Department of Health’s Addictive Services Resource Directory
- use the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
When you’re searching for a drug or alcohol treatment center, it can be tough to sift through all the information.
Factors to consider which treatment facility is the best for you include:
- individualized treatment plans: your addiction is unique, and you need a unique treatment plan to address your personal triggers and stressors
- evidence-based services: some therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, have been proven effective for treating substance use disorder
- family involvement: if your relatives and other loved ones are a part of your support network, they can likely be a part of your treatment plan
- co-occurring disorders: dual diagnosis care addresses a co-occurring mental health disorder in addition to substance use disorder
- continuum of care: working with the same treatment providers from the start to the finish of your treatment can help set you up for a long-lasting recovery
Mississippi Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
In Mississippi, there are many levels of treatment that determine the quality of care. Most people start with detox, which is usually followed by inpatient or outpatient rehab, which may or may not include medication-assisted treatment.
After your formal rehab program is over, it’s important to follow a comprehensive aftercare plan that allows you to continue your sobriety.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
It may be important to go through detox with a medical treatment that can keep you comfortable and safe during withdrawal. These short-term programs allow you to stabilize your physical and mental health, preparing you for more intensive treatment services.
Learn more about Mississippi Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
Inpatient/Residential Drug Rehab Centers
Many people find that inpatient treatment offers a chance to fully focus on recovery. Residential treatment programs may include group therapy, individual therapy, nutrition and exercise for stress management, and more.
During your inpatient treatment, you’ll work with counseling professionals to create an aftercare plan that will provide you with the support you need to continue in your recovery.
Learn more about Mississippi Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Understandably, some people are not able to take time away from work and other responsibilities in order to attend residential treatment. Luckily, outpatient treatment can be just as effective as inpatient treatment.
Learn more about Mississippi Outpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Opioid and alcohol addiction can cause physical dependence and other issues that can make recovery difficult. But, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines medication with behavioral therapy to increase the chances of long-lasting recovery.
Learn more about Opioid Addiction Treatment Programs
When you finish inpatient or outpatient rehab, your journey to recovery is just beginning. A comprehensive aftercare plan may include 12-step meetings, stress management techniques, individual counseling, participation in community mental health centers, and more.
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Mississippi
If you have health insurance coverage, your addiction treatment may be fully or partially covered, which may include Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
You can learn more about how your health insurance coverage works for addiction treatment calling the number on your insurance card or reaching out to a treatment center itself.
Learn more about Insurance Benefits For Drug Rehab
If You Don’t Have Insurance
Mississippi offers non-profit, state-funded rehab options that can be a great choice if you do not have insurance, or if your insurance plan doesn’t offer coverage for addiction treatment.
Mississippi state-funded addiction services include residential treatment, counseling, aftercare, and more.
Mississippi Substance Abuse Facts
Officials in Mississippi are concerned about how drug overdose deaths affect certain populations in the state, including people younger than 35 and African Americans. Combined, these two groups accounted for nearly half of all drug overdoses in 2020.
Other key findings collected from the Mississippi Drug Abuse Surveillance System include:
- In 2020, 586 drug overdose deaths occurred in Mississippi, a 49% increase from 2019 (393).
- In 2020, almost 70% of all overdose deaths involved opioids (404).
- Fentanyl contributed to 53% of drug overdose deaths in 2020.
- Amphetamines were involved in 39% of drug overdose deaths.
- Over 30% of all drug-related deaths were among those younger than 35 years old, and almost 20% were African American.
Polysubstance use, or using more than one substance at once, is also a concern in Mississippi. In 2011, for example, polysubstance use contributed to almost 18% of deaths; in 2020, more than half of all drug overdose deaths (53%) involved more than one substance.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we know how hard it can be to reach out for help, but we’re here to support you and your family.
We have rehab centers throughout Massachusetts, with locations in Ashby, Quincy, Falmouth, and Canton. We’re proud to serve Mississippi residents at our treatment facilities. Please contact our helpline to learn more.
Mississippi Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Mississippi?
You can reach out to a treatment facility directly, or use the Mississippi Department of Health’s Addictive Services Resource Directory.
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In Mississippi?
While addiction can look different from person to person, many people start with detox and then progress to an inpatient or outpatient treatment facility.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Mississippi?
In many cases, health insurance plans partially or fully cover addiction treatment. Reach out to your treatment provider to learn about the coverage included in your health insurance plan.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Mississippi Without Insurance?
Yes, you can pursue state-funded rehab options or pay out-of-pocket for treatment at a private facility.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Mississippi?
Yes, there are walk-in opioid clinics in Mississippi. Most are available in metro areas like Jackson, Southaven, Biloxi, Gulfport.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In Mississippi?
Yes, Mississippi offers state-funded rehab operated by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health’s Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last In Mississippi?
While the total length of treatment differs from person to person, rehab usually lasts for 30, 60, or 90 days.
Mississippi Department of Mental Health - Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Addiction Science
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Mississippi: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
Mississippi State Department of Health - DRUG OVERDOSE DEATHS IN MISSISSIPPI, 2018
Mississippi Department of Health - Trends in Mississippi's Drug Overdose Deaths, 2011-2020
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
We've got you covered.
Receive 24/7 text support right away.
There is no obligation and you can opt out at any time.
People Also Read
- Drug Rehab Centers In Alabama
- Drug Rehab Centers In Arkansas
- Drug Rehab Centers In Florida
- Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers In Kentucky
- Louisiana Drug Rehab Treatment Centers
- Massachusetts Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- N. Carolina Drug Rehab Centers Near You
- Drug Rehab Centers In S. Carolina
- Tennessee Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Drug Rehab Centers In Texas
- Drug Rehab Centers In Virginia