North Dakota Rehab Centers | Detox, Inpatient Drug Rehab, FAQ
- Treatment Programs
- Medical Detox
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Using Insurance For Rehab In North Dakota
- Addiction In North Dakota
- Ark Behavioral Health
- North Dakota Addiction Treatment FAQ
North Dakota communities have consistently struggled with substance abuse problems for years, particularly alcohol and marijuana abuse. According to state surveys, nearly 90% of adult respondents believe alcohol and drug use are significant problems in their communities.
If you or a loved one struggles with a substance use disorder, North Dakota offers a variety of high-quality treatment programs to help you overcome addiction.
Learn more about treatment options in Bismarck, Grand Forks, Minot, Fargo, Dickinson, Jamestown, and other communities in the state.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In North Dakota
In North Dakota, the Department of Behavioral Health and Human Services oversees addiction treatment programs throughout the state. If you’re a North Dakota resident seeking substance abuse treatment, you can learn more about your healthcare options by:
- using SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
- exploring the state’s community-based addiction treatment services
- contacting treatment facilities directly
- calling North Dakota’s 24/7 recovery support line
As you search for the right drug or alcohol rehab facility for your needs, you may feel overwhelmed by the number of choices available to you.
To find a high-quality treatment facility that’s designed to be as effective as possible, look for the following characteristics:
- accreditation from either a national or state agency that denotes adherence to the highest-quality standard of care
- individualized treatment plans that are specifically designed to address each patient’s unique needs and goals of treatment
- a full continuum of care, from detox to aftercare services, which allows you to receive consistent support and develop trusting relationships with your providers
- licensed drug and alcohol counselors who have extensive training and experience in best practices and evidence-based methods for addiction treatment
- evidence-based services that are backed by documented research that proves their efficacy in addiction treatment
- mental health treatment that addresses both addiction and co-occurring disorders
As you consider your options, be sure to also review each facility’s treatment program length and options for payment.
It’s also important to consider whether program options align with your treatment goals and how your history of substance abuse may impact your treatment needs.
North Dakota Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Licensed levels of care for addiction treatment in North Dakota include:
- withdrawal management, also referred to as social detox
- low-, medium-, and high-intensity residential care
- intensive and high-intensity inpatient treatment
- partial hospitalization/day treatment
- intensive outpatient treatment
- standard outpatient services
- opioid treatment programs (medication-assisted treatment)
- aftercare and transitional services
Your assessment will determine the appropriate level(s) of care for your needs and will be used as the basis for developing your individualized addiction treatment plan.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
Medical detoxification programs are designed to provide short-term care to help you detox from drugs or alcohol safely.
In a supervised detox program, you’ll receive medical support to make you as comfortable as possible throughout the withdrawal process. You’ll also receive behavioral support to help you prepare for the next phase of your treatment.
Residential/Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient drug rehab, also known as residential care, is the most intensive form of addiction treatment. In an inpatient program, you’ll live at the treatment facility throughout your program and receive 24-hour access to care throughout your stay.
Inpatient programs typically offer a variety of therapeutic and clinical approaches to addiction treatment, including evidence-based services, holistic/wellness therapies, substance abuse counseling, and dual diagnosis care for co-occurring mental health disorders.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient treatment may be used as a step-down level of care after inpatient treatment or as a more flexible alternative to residential care. If you attend outpatient treatment, you must travel to and from the rehab facility several days per week
Outpatient services are typically offered at several levels, including intensive outpatient programs, partial hospitalization programs, and standard outpatient programs. The level of care you require will depend on your treatment provider’s recommendation.
If you suffer from an opioid or alcohol addiction, you may require medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to help manage your recovery.
MAT programs include behavioral therapy and FDA-approved medications to help mitigate the physical and psychological effects of addiction. While medications vary based on individual needs, they may include methadone, Suboxone, or naltrexone.
Aftercare support services are designed to help you maintain long-term recovery. Because drug addiction is a complex disease and overcoming it is typically a lifelong endeavor, continuing care and support can be highly beneficial.
Using Insurance For Addiction Treatment In North Dakota
If you have health insurance, your benefits may provide full or partial coverage for addiction treatment services in North Dakota. Most facilities accept private insurance plans and many also accept Medicare and Medicaid.
To find out whether your insurance can help pay for rehab, you can:
- call the number on the back of your insurance card to discuss your benefits
- contact treatment facilities to find out if they accept your insurance
- speak with your HR benefits administrator if you have health insurance through your job
If You Don’t Have Insurance
If you’re a North Dakota resident who does not have insurance, you may qualify for rehab payment assistance through a state-funded, community-based treatment program. Depending on your financial need, free or sliding-scale services may be available to you.
North Dakota Substance Abuse Facts
Alcohol consumption in North Dakota is a major concern, and increased rates of cocaine use has some officials concerned about the growing risks of illicit drug abuse and overdose.
Other facts from North Dakota include:
- In 2020, 118 drug overdose deaths occured.
- In 2019, there were 79 drug-related overdose deaths.
- The number of overdose deaths between 2019 and 2020 increased by 49%.
- In 2018, the rate of binge drinking in adults was higher in North Dakota than the United States as a whole.
In North Dakota, methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, and ecstasy are commonly abused drugs. In 2018, an estimated 2 in 5 adults admitted to illicit drug use in the past year.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we offer a full continuum of care for addiction treatment to address the needs of a diverse patient base. We’re proud to offer individualized addiction treatment services to North Dakota residents who are willing to travel.
We operate the following accredited rehab facilities in Massachusetts:
- Bedrock Recovery in Canton, MA
- Northeast Addictions in Quincy, MA
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth, MA
- Spring Hill Recovery Center in Ashby, MA
If you need help, please don’t hesitate to contact our helpline today to learn more about your treatment options with us.
North Dakota Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In North Dakota?
To access addiction treatment services in North Dakota, you can
- reach out to rehab facilities directly
- get a referral from your primary care provider
- use SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
- browse North Dakota’s community-based addiction treatment services
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In North Dakota?
Addiction treatment in North Dakota looks different for every individual who suffers from a substance use disorder. Typically, the treatment process begins with an individual needs assessment and then moves to withdrawal management (detox).
Following detox, you may participate in residential, inpatient, or outpatient rehab depending on the recommendation of your treatment provider. Transitional services may also be part of your individualized treatment plan.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In North Dakota?
Yes, many private insurance plans, as well as Medicaid and Medicare, can help cover the cost of addiction treatment in North Dakota. To find out more about your coverage details, contact your insurer or reach out to treatment providers directly.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In North Dakota Without Insurance?
If you live in North Dakota and do not have insurance, you can still go to drug rehab. You can pay out of pocket for treatment or you may qualify for a Community-Based Behavioral Health Program that offers funding assistance for eligible individuals.
You may also qualify for the Substance Use Disorder Voucher program, which is designed to improve access to quality care for those with financial need.
Are There Walk-in Opioid Clinics In North Dakota?
Yes, North Dakota has walk-in opioid treatment clinics that provide assessments and free consultations. These clinics are primarily located in more populous cities, including Bismark, Williston, Fargo, and others.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In North Dakota?
North Dakota offers state funding for addiction treatment through the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant. The SAPTBG is designed to provide recovery support for individuals who do not have private insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last In North Dakota?
Most drug rehab programs last from 30-90 days, depending on individual needs. In some cases, individuals may continue receiving a certain degree of outpatient services after they’ve completed a dedicated rehab program.
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Types of Treatment Programs
North Dakota Behavioral Health Human Services - 24/7 Recovery Talk
North Dakota Behavioral Health Human Services - Addiction Treatment Services
North Dakota Behavioral Health Human Services - Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Voucher
North Dakota Behavioral Health Division - Substance Use in North Dakota, Data Book 2017
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
The North Dakota State Epidemiological Outcomes Group - North Dakota - Epidemiological Profile
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
We've got you covered.
Receive 24/7 text support right away.
There is no obligation and you can opt out at any time.
People Also Read
- Indiana Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Iowa Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Kansas Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Massachusetts Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Minnesota Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Missouri Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Montana Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- Nebraska Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers
- South Dakota Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers