Camden, New Jersey Addiction Treatment Options | Detox, Outpatient Rehab, FAQ
- Find Treatment In Camden
- Camden Treatment Options
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Programs
- Insurance For Addiction Treatment
- Camden Addiction Facts
- Treatment At Ark
- Addiction Treatment FAQ
If you or a loved one are currently struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, know that you’re not alone and that help is readily available to those who ask for it.
In Camden New Jersey, it’s a sad and unfortunate fact that the menace of alcohol and drug abuse continues to kill residents through overdose deaths.
According to New Jersey Cares, 340 individuals in Camden died of suspected drug overdoses in 2019, the most current statistics available. However, substance abuse treatment can help families avoid tragedy and live healthier lives.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Camden, New Jersey
In New Jersey, the Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services is involved in overseeing addiction treatment services in the state.
You have various options to source alcohol and drug treatment, such as:
- calling an alcohol and drug treatment center
- using New Jersey state resources
- performing a targeted search with SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
You should also consider the capabilities of different treatment centers to determine the best approach for you, which may include:
- Accreditation, which demonstrates the addiction treatment center and staff provide industry best practices
- Individualized treatment plans, which means your history and current situation determine services that are geared to your individual needs
- Evidence-based services that are proven to give results in inpatient/residential settings as well as in outpatient treatment scenarios
- Licensed drug and alcohol counselors who are trained, certified, and have experience working in counseling centers
- Family involvement to keep you grounded while you recover from substance use disorder, helping with additional love and support
- Treating co-occurring mental health disorders if you have a dual diagnosis of a mental health issue as well as an addiction
How long you will participate in a rehab program depends on many factors, including whether this is your first time or if you have a history of addiction treatment.
Camden Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Those in Camden and across New Jersey trying to arrange to enter an alcohol or drug rehab center have help available. There are treatment programs and rehab facilities nearby to help with substance abuse and addiction recovery.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
It may not be safe to suddenly stop using addictive substances because of withdrawal. Supervised detoxification programs monitor symptoms, provide medical advice, and help prepare both the body and mind for an addiction treatment program.
In a detox program, patients can likely anticipate the following:
- IV fluids to hydrate and provide nutrition
- Medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms
- Help to relax and find comfort during the detox process
Inpatient treatment is when you move into a treatment facility for the duration of your drug or alcohol rehabilitation. It’s a common process in the drug rehab industry, since working in a group away from the temptations of your everyday life can help you focus on getting better.
Elements of inpatient and residential drug and alcohol rehab typically include:
- individual therapy
- group therapy
- programs to encourage wellness using yoga and meditation
- integrated care involving mental health as well as behavioral health treatment
When it comes to outpatient treatment, you have more flexibility because you can still live at home and conduct your normal routine, like going to work, school, or taking care of the family.
Outpatient treatment is provided at different levels of involvement. The most intense is called PHP, for partial hospitalization program. IOP stands for intensive outpatient program and OPs are the less burdensome, basic outpatient programs.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Your alcohol or opiate addiction is treated with medical supervision and assistance, consisting of special medications for easing recovery such as methadone or disulfiram. Medication-assisted treatment programs occur in inpatient as well as outpatient recovery centers.
To help you continue on the straight and narrow path after your initial recovery from addiction, it’s prudent to participate in aftercare support.
Aftercare support may include:
- 12-step support groups
- continuing education
- case management
- vocational skills
- counseling services
Using Health Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Camden
Insurance may cover addiction treatment in Camden and New Jersey. A good start is figuring out the type of plan you have, including Medicare, Medicaid, or a private health plan.
Learn more about your coverage by:
- connecting with a treatment center
- calling the customer service number listed on your health insurance card
- examining the brochure for your coverage to find details for rehab
Camden, New Jersey Drug & Alcohol Addiction Facts
Sometimes it’s hard for people to come to grips with a problem as dangerous as drug and alcohol addiction unless they are presented with the cold facts.
Consider some statistics from Camden and New Jersey:
- 340 people in Camden died of suspected drug overdoses in 2019, according to the most current statistics from New Jersey Cares
- approximately 90 percent of drug overdose deaths in New Jersey included opioids, with 2,583 deaths in 2018, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Camden County has begun a new program to distribute fentanyl test strip kits, which people can use to test if the heroin they’re about to use contains fentanyl, according to News 12 New Jersey
- New Jersey healthcare providers wrote 38.9 opioid prescriptions for every 100 individuals in the state
- medical response teams administered the medication naloxone to 8,774 people to deal with opioid overdoses during the period ranging from January 1 to July 31, 2020
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
Ark Behavioral Health operates four treatment centers in nearby Massachusetts, making it a convenient choice for people in New Jersey who need a rehab program.
Our addiction treatment programs include:
To learn more about our treatment options, please contact us today.
Camden Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Camden?
Accessing treatment is easy, accomplished by calling the IME Addictions Access Center 24/7 at 1-844-276-2777. Or, click here to visit the list of funded substance abuse prevention organizations in New Jersey.
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In Camden?
Addiction treatment consists of entering a program that provides professional care by experts to ease you from the pull of addiction so you can lead a drug-free life.
Counseling, group therapy, behavioral modification, and medical detox are examples of treatment you can anticipate, depending on your situation.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Camden?
Yes. Insurance plans must cover addiction treatment in Camden because it is a medically necessary process to restore your health.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Camden Without Insurance?
Even if you have lost your insurance coverage, you cannot be denied drug rehab services. The IME Addictions Access Center 24/7 at 1-844-276-2777 will be a valuable resource for you.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In Camden?
The easiest way to learn about the current availability of free or state-funded rehab centers is to search in the SAMHSA database
Why Do I Need Addiction Treatment?
Addiction treatment is necessary when you find that you cannot free yourself from the grip of drug or alcohol addiction on your own. If you cannot manage to get into recovery, you could see your health and relationships deteriorate, with the worst outcome involving overdose.
What Kind Of Treatment Is Best?
A doctor will give different answers to different people suffering from addiction. Outpatient treatment might be better for you, while your neighbor who is struggling with addiction would benefit by enrolling in a residential treatment program.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last?
Your period in drug rehab may take up to 30 days or it could be for a longer time, depending on the nature of your addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Treatment services and length are determined by a professional treatment team who makes an assessment of your needs.
Where Are Your Treatment Centers Located?
Our treatment centers are located in Massachusetts. You can find them in Canton, Quincy, Falmouth, and Ashby.
National Institute on Drug Abuse - New Jersey: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
New Jersey Cares - January 2019 Suspected Drug Related Deaths
New Jersey Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services - Department of Human Services | Addiction Treatment Services
News 12 New Jersey - Camden County launches pilot program to help reduce fentanyl-related deaths
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
Our friendly support team is here to chat 24/7. Opt out any time.