There are options when it comes to finding the right drug and alcohol rehab center both in and around the city of Newark.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental health Services Administration, there are over 250 substance use, mental health facilities and health care centers that handle drug use. Yet with all these options, finding the right one is critical to success.
With so many locations at your disposal, you need to know how to select the treatment center that will set you up for the best chance of success. Thankfully, there are ways to examine treatment facilities and find what will work for you or a loved one.
How To Find & Choose Addiction Treatment In Newark, New Jersey
One of the best starting points for locating a top addiction treatment option not only in Newark but in all of New Jersey is to turn to the Department of Human Services.
Run by the state of New Jersey, the department has a list of addiction treatment facilities that are in good standing with the state and are properly certified to provide drug rehab services.
The website organizes everything into individual categories, so you can easily find which you or a loved one fall into. This includes looking for an intoxicated driving program, substance abuse treatment facility, addiction news and information, and more.
To further assist you in finding Newark treatment centers, you can:
- contact a reputable service provider, such as Ark Behavioral Health
- use the provided SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
- search the Addiction Services Treatment Directory for the state of New Jersey
To best choose an addiction treatment program in New Jersey, you may want to look for:
- Accreditation: Handed out by both the state and national organizations, accreditation ensures the service provider is held to the highest quality standard.
- Individual treatment plans: Not everyone is the same. Your addiction (or the addiction of a loved one) is different from the next person. The best way to move past addiction is for there to be an individual plan.
- Family involvement: Some rehab centers include family in therapy and counseling sessions.
- Evidence-based services: See if you the drug abuse treatment center uses proven methods to treat addiction
- Continuum of care: This may include not only medical detox programs, but aftercare support and residential treatment options
- Licensed counselors (in drug and alcohol addiction): Look for counselors who have received New Jersey’s certification of approval for addressing drug addiction.
Newark Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
The treatment you seek out depends on the specific substance abuse as well as a number of secondary factors, including:
- substance abuse treatment history
- substance use history
- any co-occurring mental health issues
- overall health and willingness to accept change
Prior to any addiction treatment it is necessary for your mind and body to be clear of any substances. This may require medical detoxification to help you or a loved one better manage withdrawal symptoms before treatment.
These programs may include:
- medical support/supervision
- IV fluids and provided nutrition
- medications to reduce symptoms
Residential/Inpatient Drug Rehab
You will remain on campus for these rehabs. Services that may be available at an inpatient treatment center can include:
- group therapy
- wellness classes
- holistic care
- evidence-based therapy
They are also well-suited to address underlying mental health conditions. Residential treatment also helps build a supportive network around you that promotes lasting recovery.
Outpatient programs allow you to remain at home for rest and travel daily or weekly to the addiction treatment center for services. These rehab programs range in intensity, and may include:
- intensive outpatient programs (IOPs)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHPs)
- standard outpatient programs (OPs)
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Severe opioid and alcohol addictions may require administering medications. Medication-assisted treatment programs use a combination of medications like methadone and behavioral therapy, counseling, and peer support.
To help with the continued battle against addiction, aftercare services may include:
- support groups
- sober-living housing
- case management
- vocational services
Newark Drug & Alcohol Addiction Facts
According to the New Jersey Substance Abuse Monitoring System:
- 45 percent of drug addictions come from heroin
- Alcohol makes up 27 percent of addiction
- Despite alcohol being the second most common drug for substance abuse, more people in Newark use marijuana
- Outpatient treatment programs are the most used at 56 percent
- 67 percent of drug rehab center patients are male
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we serve patients with substance use disorder in New Jersey, New York, and across the country. Our drug rehab centers are located in Massachusetts, and we create individualized treatment plans tailored to your individual needs.
To learn more about your recovery center options with us, please reach out today.
New Jersey Addiction Treatment FAQ
What Does Addiction Treatment Look Like In New Jersey?
Depending on the rehab center, addiction treatment may include medical treatments, clinical information, and be based on scientific research for the best methods of treating addiction, including individual counseling and group therapy.
Ultimately, the goal is to help ensure you are able to move on from the rehab center and be set up with the tools to live a happy, healthy, drug free life.
Does Health Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In New Jersey?
Many forms of insurance do, but all insurance policies are different, so it is important to look into what your personal policy provides and whether or not rehab treatment is covered. You could have a Medicaid, Medicare, or private health insurance plan.
You can contact your insurance provider with questions about whether treatment is covered, and if so which treatment facilities will it pay for.
Can I Go To A Drug Rehab In New Jersey Without Insurance?
There are many facilities that provide rehab services without the need for insurance. Many state-funded rehab facilities don’t require payments at all. Other facilities that do take payments may work with an insurance provider, or they may take payments directly from you.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In New Jersey?
There are a number of walk-in opioid clinics found within the state. Due to the sizable opioid issue within New Jersey the need for walk-in assistance has grown. Many of the local hospitals now provide walk-in services.
What Kind Of Addiction Treatment Is Best?
What works for one individual may not work for you. You know your personality, so you’ll need to keep in mind what would be better for you.
This is also where the input from loved ones comes in handy as well. By taking in all of their input, it is possible to find a treatment center that provides an addiction service that will help ensure you are set up for success once you leave.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last?
This can greatly depend on your needs and the facility selected. Some can last for under 30 days, while others can go on for several months. You will want to consult the rehab facility to find out what they provide.
Where Are Your Treatment Centers Located?
Ark Behavioral Health operates four treatment centers not far away in Massachusetts. This way, there is enough space to avoid these triggers while the locations are still close enough to be driven to in just a few hours.
Our treatment centers are located in: