Chicago, IL Rehab Centers | Detox | Inpatient Rehab | FAQ
- Chicago Treatment Programs
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Rehab
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Paying For Rehab
It’s estimated that more than 1 million people in Chicago use illicit drugs each year. Some people may struggle with substance use disorder and need drug or alcohol rehab to overcome this chronic disease.
Thankfully, the city of Chicago offers many treatment services at recovery centers located across the city, from detox programs to aftercare support for addiction recovery.
How To Find & Choose Substance Abuse Treatment In Chicago, Illinois
The City of Chicago Public Health Department oversees addiction treatment in the Chicago area.
People who need treatment for substance use disorder in Chicago have many options to learn more about available treatments, including:
- reaching out to a healthcare provider directly
- using various resources developed by the City of Chicago, available on the Public Health Department’s website
- reaching out to the Illinois Department of Human Services and asking for a referral
- researching treatment options using the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Here are a few factors you’ll likely want to consider as you choose the right treatment facility for you or your loved one:
- individualized treatment plans — it’s vital to work with an addiction rehab center that provides you with a treatment plan based on your unique needs
- family involvement — if your family is an important part of your recovery, you may want to look for a treatment facility that provides family therapy or offers family visitation
- co-occurring disorders — if you’re managing a mental health disorder in addition to substance use disorder, it’s important that you find a dual diagnosis treatment facility
- evidence-based services — it’s important that your treatment provider offers care proven to work well for people living with substance use disorder, including behavioral therapy
- accreditation — the best treatment programs are accredited or approved by oversight organizations like the Joint Commission
It can be tough to choose a treatment center, but doing so is the first step in beginning the process of recovery. Most addiction treatment programs run for 28 to 90 days, depending on your needs.
Chicago Drug & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Many people in Chicago live with substance use disorder, and opioid addiction is especially common in the Chicago area.
There are many treatment levels available to Chicago area residents, ranging from inpatient programs to outpatient counseling centers and more.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detoxification
Chicago offers many options for drug and alcohol detox.
People with benzodiazepine, opiate, or alcohol addiction likely need to work with a medical detox program to manage life-threatening withdrawal symptoms before beginning a longer-term treatment program.
Inpatient/Residential Drug Rehab
During inpatient treatment, you’ll live at the rehab facility and have access to 24-hour care.
You’ll experience many types of therapy during residential treatment, including wellness programs and evidence-based behavioral therapy. Through peer support groups, you’ll also likely form bonds with others who are at a similar stage in their recovery.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
During outpatient treatment, you’ll travel to and from the facility each day, receiving the care you need on a schedule that makes sense for you. Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) and partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) are available throughout Chicago.
Medication-assisted treatment is a valuable treatment option for people who need extra support in their recovery. People who are working to recover from opiate or alcohol addiction may find medication-assisted treatment especially helpful.
Using Insurance For Addiction Treatment In Chicago
After you’ve decided that it’s time for you to go through alcohol and drug treatment, it’s important to learn more about how you’ll pay for your recovery care.
There are several ways to learn more about your options, including:
- reaching out to your insurance company representative directly to learn more about your coverage
- reading your insurance plan online
- calling a treatment provider directly to learn whether they accept your insurance plan
If you don’t have health insurance, Chicago offers state-funded/non-profit options that may be able to meet your treatment needs.
Addiction Treatment At Ark Behavioral Health
At Ark Behavioral Health, we offer many treatment options, including medical detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, medication-assisted treatment, and more. Our Spring Hill facility in Ashby, MA is our closest facility to Chicago.
Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you begin your recovery.
Chicago Addiction Treatment FAQ
How Do I Access Treatment In Chicago?
You can reach out to an addiction treatment center directly to learn more about the types of treatment they offer, or you can use the resources available from the City of Chicago on the Public Health Department’s website.
Does Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Chicago?
In many cases, your health insurance may fully or partially cover your recovery center treatment. Reach out to your insurance company or reach out to a recovery facility directly to learn more.
Can I Go To Drug Rehab In Chicago Without Insurance?
State-funded options are available in and around Chicago for people who need to begin their alcohol or drug addiction recovery but do not have health insurance.
Are There Walk-In Opioid Clinics In Chicago?
Yes, there are many walk-in opioid clinics in Chicago for those who are ready to begin the recovery process from opioid addiction.
Are There Free Or State-Funded Rehab Centers In Chicago?
Yes, the state of Illinois offers state-funded rehab options for Chicago residents.
How Long Does Drug Rehab Last?
The exact length of your treatment will likely depend on your individual needs and the assessment you receive from your care provider(s). Typically, rehab lasts between 28-90 days.
City of Chicago - Substance Use Disorder
Illinois Department of Human Services - Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
The NSDUH Report - Substance Use and Mental Disorders in the Chicago-Joliet-Naperville MSA
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
Our friendly support team is here to chat 24/7. Opt out any time.