Street Value & Prices Of Opioids
Opioid analgesics are prescription drugs that can treat temporary and chronic pain. They come in a variety of types and formulations.
Opioid abuse can lead to opioid addiction, also known as substance use disorder. Thus, most prescribers use them for short-term treatment.
While some people only abuse prescription opioids they receive from their health care providers, other abusers use opioids sold on the black market.
As with all illicit drugs, each type of opioid painkiller has a unique street value based on its desirability.
Codeine Street Value
It’s also an ingredient in numerous cough syrups. Some drug users mix codeine cough syrup with soda; this mixture is often called “purple drank,” “sizzurp,” or “lean.”
- street price for codeine tablets: $1 to $10 per tablet, depending on strength
- street price for codeine cough syrup: $250 to $600 per pint
Carfentanil Street Value
Carfentanil is an analogue of the synthetic opioid fentanyl. It’s extremely potent and not intended for human use; instead, veterinarians use it to sedate large animals such as elephants and moose.
- street price for carfentanil: $250 per milligram
Hydrocodone Street Value
Hydrocodone is a semi-synthetic opioid prescribed in tablet form under brand names like Vicodin, Norco, and Lortab. It usually comes in strengths of 5 mg, 7.5 mg, and 10 mg.
- street price for hydrocodone: $3 to $20 per tablet, depending on strength
Hydromorphone Street Value
Hydromorphone is a semi-synthetic opioid. It’s usually prescribed in tablet form under the brand name Dilaudid, which comes in strengths of 2 mg, 4 mg, and 8 mg.
- street price for hydromorphone: $5 to $100 per tablet, depending on strength
Fentanyl Street Value
- street price for fentanyl: $25 to $40 per patch, lozenge, or tablet
- street price for powdered fentanyl: $150 to $200 per gram
Methadone Street Value
Methadone is a synthetic opioid that’s available as a tablet or liquid solution.
It’s sometimes used to help opioid drug users recover from substance abuse and addiction. However, it can be addictive when not used as prescribed.
- street price for methadone: $2 to $80, depending on formulation and strength
Morphine Street Value
Morphine is an opiate that’s available as a tablet or liquid solution.
- street price for morphine: $10 to $80, depending on formulation and strength
Oxycodone Street Value
Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid that’s available as a tablet or liquid solution. It’s often prescribed under the brand names Oxycontin and Percocet.
- street price for oxycodone: $3 to $80, depending on formulation and strength
Oxymorphone Street Value
Oxymorphone is a semi-synthetic opioid prescribed under the brand name Opana. Available as a tablet, it comes in strengths ranging from 5 mg to 40 mg.
- street price for oxymorphone: $10 to $80 per tablet depending on strength
Suboxone Street Value
Like methadone, Suboxone can be used to treat opioid use disorder.
- street price for Suboxone: $10 to $80 per tablet depending on strength
If you or a loved one is struggling with opioid use, please reach out to an Ark Behavioral Health specialist to learn more about opioid addiction treatment programs.
- How To Tell If Someone Is High On Opioids
- The History Of Opioids
- Long-Acting Opioids
- How Opiate Agonists Work
- Non-Opioid Analgesics
- Alternatives To Opioid Painkillers
- Narcotics Vs. Opioids
- Opioid Vaccines
- Online Opioid Support Forums
- At-Home Opiate Detox
- Quitting Opiates Cold Turkey
- Can Opioids Help With Depression?
- Mixing Opioids & Alcohol
- Mixing Adderall And Opiates
- Mixing Opioids With Xanax
- Opiates & Tooth Decay
- Opioid-Induced Constipation
- Opioid Crisis Response Act
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
Our friendly support team is here to chat 24/7. Opt out any time.
People Also Read
- What Are The Most Dangerous Opioids?
- What’s The Strongest Opioid?
- Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Opioid Detection Times
- Opioid Street Names
- The Opioid Epidemic
- Federal Opioid Laws
- Opioids Vs. Opiates
- Opioid Side Effects
- Opioid Tolerance
- How Much Does Adderall Cost?
- Crack Cocaine Addiction
- Signs Of Heroin Addiction
- Xanax Addiction Treatment
- Ativan (Lorazepam) Street Value
- Drug Addiction Recovery Centers