Rochester, New Hampshire Addiction Treatment Options
- Substance Abuse In Rochester
- Rehab Options Near Rochester
- Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Services
- Insurance Coverage For Treatment
- Ark Behavioral Health Near Rochester
Rochester, New Hampshire, is the fourth-largest city in the state and suffers from one of the top-10 worst addiction rates in the area.
Alcohol abuse, opioids, and cocaine are prevalent throughout the region, but rehab centers can provide treatment to improve health. Learn more about treatment options in Rochester, Dover, Portsmouth, Manchester, and nearby New England states like Maine and Massachusetts.
Substance Abuse In Rochester & Strafford County, New Hampshire
Rochester’s primary drug problem is opioids, as hundreds of new addictions develop in the city every year.
Other facts about addiction in the city and the state include:
- 13 overdose deaths occured in Rochester in the first nine months of 2020
- 291 overdose deaths occurred in New Hampshire in the first nine months of 2020
- a 35.8 per 100,000 resident overdose rate, which is sixth-worst in the nation
- a rate of 46.1 opioid prescriptions for every 100 persons in the state
Although some of these statistics have improved over recent years, they suggest many residents In this area may benefit from drug or alcohol rehab.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Options Near Rochester, New Hampshire
Treatment at a rehab facility provides the best chance of recovery for you or a loved one with substance use disorder.
Treatment methods during various rehab programs may include:
- medical detoxification
- mental health treatment for dual diagnosis
- behavioral therapy and group therapy
- aftercare support
Each rehab experience differs because care must be suited to your individual needs. You may receive inpatient or outpatient care, as well as specialized treatment for opioid or alcohol addiction.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
Withdrawal symptoms are hard to tolerate, can be dangerous, and may lead to relapse without added support.
Medical alcohol or drug detox helps by:
- providing medicines to decrease your symptoms
- offering medical advice or support in case of a medical emergency
- providing nutritional support to address health problems and rebuild your strength
- stabilizing you for alcohol or drug treatment
This step is typically the first that you take when going through rehab, as it helps you regain a sober mind and body for a recovery program.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient drug rehab places you in 24/7 care with licensed experts who can handle your care needs on multiple levels.
Residential treatment may includes:
- clinical support to stabilize your mental health health
- wellness classes
- behavioral therapy and psychological care
- peer support groups
This type of care requires you to stay for at least 30-90 days for maximum effectiveness, so make sure to prepare for this before you begin.
Outpatient treatment includes three tiers—outpatient (OP), intensive outpatient (IOP), and partial hospitalization (PHP). Treatment of this type comprises behavioral and mental help on a daily or weekly schedule.
Outpatient treatment allows you to:
- create a care schedule that works for you
- go home and spend time with your family after each treatment session
- work a job around your treatment services
- “step-up” to inpatient treatment if your situation worsens
Outpatient treatment is often the best option for those who have a busy life or have few or no co-occurring mental health disorders that impact their recovery.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) helps with alcohol and opioid addictions by providing a two-tier attack that uses:
- FDA-approved medications like methadone, buprenorphine, or nalthrexone
- various types of behavioral therapies
Peer support groups, vocational assistance, case management, and other treatment services may also be used during MAT programs, which may be available on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Beating addiction for good requires a commitment to sobriety that goes beyond substance abuse treatment alone.
Aftercare services may include:
- 12-step programming like AA or NA
- continuing support with substance use counselors
- caseworkers who can coordinate services
- sober-living environment
A successful addiction recovery hinges on having ongoing support after receiving care at a treatment facility.
Health Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment
Health insurance companies provide policies that pay for some of your rehab once you cover your copay, deductibles, or other necessary costs.
Policy providers that cover alcohol or drug addiction treatment may include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield New Hampshire
- Ambetter from NH Healthy Families
- United Healthcare
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare
- Medicaid or Medicare
Your recovery is worth the investment, so consider state-funded and free rehab centers if you don’t have insurance. If you do have insurance, contact your healthcare provider and insurance carrier to learn more.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Rochester, New Hampshire
Ark Behavioral Health operates primarily out of Massachusetts, providing a reasonable recovery destination for residents of Rochester, Hampshire.
Our four drug rehab facilities include:
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center in Quincy, MA
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth, MA
- Spring Hill in Ashby, MA
- Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, MA
To learn more about our treatment centers and recovery program, please connect with our helpline today.
National Institute on Drug Abuse - New Hampshire: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services - NH Drug and Alcohol Data
State of New Hampshire Office of Chief Medical Examiner - 2020 Drug Death Data
Statista - Drug Overdose Death Rate in the United States
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
We've got you covered.
Receive 24/7 text support right away.
There is no obligation and you can opt out at any time.