New Hampshire currently has an overdose rate of 35.8 deaths per 100,000 people, the nation’s sixth-highest. Opioids like fentanyl are the primary cause of these deaths, though alcohol abuse and additional drug abuse are problems in this state.
Understanding how different rehab programs and substance abuse treatment options can help you improve your mental health is an important place to start.
Substance Abuse In Dover & Strafford County, New Hampshire
In 2019, Strafford County had the highest suspected drug overdose deaths per capita at a rate of 4.11 deaths per 10,000 population.
Other facts from this area include:
- an estimated 50 overdose deaths occur in Strafford County per year
- there are 145 Narcan administrations per 100,000 people
- 415 drug overdose deaths occurred in 2019
- the death rate focused heavily (32 percent) in the 30-39 year old age range
The NH Drug Monitoring Initiative reports that many of these numbers are decreases from past years. However, much more needs to be done, including focusing on high-quality drug and alcohol rehab programs and treatment services.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Options Near Dover, New Hampshire
Recovery from drug addiction requires intensive medical care from a drug rehab center that operates on multiple tiers.
Your substance use disorder treatment will vary based on:
- your overall physical and mental health
- types of drugs being abused
- your history of drug or alcohol treatment
Treatment options at high-quality drug treatment facilities may include detox programs, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox Programs
Start your recovery with supervised detoxification to safely manage withdrawal symptoms. Doing so helps make it easier for you to focus mentally on your recovery.
During a detox program, you may receive:
- medications to limit or reduce symptoms
- medical advice, support, and supervision to keep you safe
- constant surveillance to prevent medical emergencies
Although medical detox programs don’t offer treatment for addiction, they help you prepare for inpatient or outpatient treatment options.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient drug rehab is a clinical treatment option that provides the gold standard for recovery. Staying in a short-term or long-term residential treatment center likely provides:
- detailed nutritional help to boost your strength
- behavioral therapy and psychiatric care for dual diagnosis
- group therapy and counseling
- peer and professional support
During your stay, you’ll receive 24/7 care in a rehab facility staffed with experts trained to handle the challenges created by addiction.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient care is an alternative treatment to inpatient care that is good for those who have strong support and reliable treatment.
In an outpatient program, you can:
- receive counseling and addiction treatment
- participate in peer support groups and individual therapy sessions
- go home at the end of your scheduled treatment
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a care option created for opioid and alcohol addiction. MAT combines approved medications with behavioral therapy.
Treatment options may include:
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- medications like methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone
- whole-person care that adjusts to your needs
Aftercare services provide you with comprehensive help after you finish rehab to ensure that you don’t relapse or have support if you do.
Some examples of aftercare options include:
- ongoing support groups like AA or NA
- sober-living facilities or halfway houses
- case managers to track your progress
Health Insurance Coverage & Payment Assistance For Addiction Treatment
New Hampshire health insurance decreases your financial investment and ensures that you don’t end up paying too much for substance abuse treatment programs.
Insurance options include:
- Ambetter from NH Healthy Families
- Anthem / Matthew Thornton Health Plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England
If you have an insurance plan, learn more about your coverage by contacting your insurance or a treatment center directly.
If you cannot afford personal health insurance, you may have access to state-funded rehab programs or other rehab centers that provide payment assistance.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Dover, New Hampshire
With Ark Behavioral Health, you have access to all of these treatment options in four rehab centers located across Massachusetts. We serve patients across New England, including those living in Dover, Portsmouth, Manchester, and other areas.
Our four rehab centers in Massachusetts include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center in Quincy
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth
- Spring Hill in Ashby
To learn more about our rehab programs for yourself or a loved one, please contact our helpline today.