Norwalk, Connecticut Addiction Treatment Options
- Substance Abuse In Norwalk
- Rehab Options Near Norwalk
- Detox Programs
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Outpatient Treatment
- Insurance Coverage
- Ark Behavioral Health Near Norwalk
Connecticut suffers from a high-level of addiction, which can be handled in one of the many rehab centers scattered throughout the state.
Substance abuse treatment can transform a person’s life by medically eliminating their addiction and walking them through the difficult mental health challenges that may occur.
Substance Abuse In Norwalk And Fairfield County, Connecticut
Opioid-involved deaths have increased heavily throughout Norwalk and Fairfield County in recent years. During 2018 alone, there were 948 deaths, 231 of which were related to prescription opioids.
Other facts about Connecticut drug abuse in 2018 include:
- there were 767 deaths involving fentanyl and analogous substances
- opioid prescription rates were 43 prescriptions per 100 people
- around 50,000 people attend a drug rehab center in the state each year
- nearly 10,000 people were admitted in Connecticut for alcohol abuse
- almost 12,000 people were admitted in Connecticut due to heroin abuse
During the first four months of 2020, there were already over 100 opioid overdose deaths throughout the state. And more are likely to occur without the help of a qualified addiction treatment center.
Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center Options Near Norwalk, Connecticut
Connecticut has a broad array of different rehab centers, all of which can provide different treatment options, such as residential treatment and detox.
Your treatment options vary depending on many factors, including:
- your overall health and well being
- any emotional or mental health troubles that contribute to addiction
- History of drug abuse and addiction treatment
- your financial needs and capabilities
After you have been carefully assessed, treatment experts will create a plan with many tiers designed to handle addiction as comprehensively as possible.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
Medical detoxification improves your recovery by managing withdrawal symptoms, balancing your physical and emotional needs. As a result, most rehab programs start with a detox center to give you a better recovery chance.
Alcohol and drug detox programs may provide:
- a comfortable and relaxing environment
- medications that decrease withdrawal pan
- 24/7 medical support
- IV nutritional help
The length of your detox will vary depending on the severity of your addiction. After detox, treatment services begin in earnest by managing your emotional needs and behavioral struggles.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Norwalk rehab centers provide inpatient rehab for short-term and long-term care in a healing environment.
During your stay, you will reside in the facility and get immediate access to care for drug and alcohol addiction, including:
- 24/7 supervision of your health
- individual and group counseling
- wellness classes
- behavioral therapy
- peer and professional support
Your stay in a recovery program can vary from around 30 days to over three months, depending on your needs. Most experts believe that a stay of 90 days is best for addiction recovery.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient treatment allows you to stay at home during treatment and come to the center for treatment.
Outpatient program options include:
- Outpatient programs or OP
- Intensive outpatient programs or IOP
- Partial hospitalization programs or PHP
OP provides you with counseling and education on drug recovery, while IOP provides that along with medical care. PHP programs include some hospitalization for those who need intensive care.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Alcohol and opioids are the two most commonly abused substances in Connecticut and require specialized treatment options.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) helps by providing:
- withdrawal medications like methadone or buprenorphine that minimize pain
- counseling and therapy to avoid agitation
- job assistance for those who need it
Many MAT programs also include educational programs that teach individuals about the dangers of drug abuse and how to avoid relapse.
Aftercare programs support your recovery by providing you with assistance after you finish rehab.
Services offered through these programs include:
- sober-living environments
- vocational services, including job training
- support groups to enhance independence
- educational services
Aftercare also includes a case manager who can track a person’s recovery and provide access to community resources (like AA) that support lifelong recovery from substance use.
Insurance Coverage & Payment Options For Addiction Treatment
Check the back of your health insurance card to learn more about factors that may influence your addiction coverage. You may also need to contact your provider to learn rehab centers are in your network.
Insurance options in Norwalk include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut
- Health New England
- Beacon Health
- Connecticut Network Insurance or CT Network Plans
Connecticut does offer some state-funded rehab options for those who do not have insurance. If you have insurance, find out if you have a Medicaid plan, a Medicare plan, or plan bought from a commercial insurance company.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Norwalk, Connecticut
Ark Behavioral Health operates four high-quality treatment facilities across Massachusetts, and within reach of Norwalk.
Our addiction treatment centers include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center: Canton, MA
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center: Quincy, MA
- Recovering Champions: Falmouth, MA
- Spring Hill: Ashby, MA
Please call our phone number today to learn more about how we can help you or a loved one.
CT Data - Opioid-Related Treatment Admissions by Town
National Institute on Drug Abuse - Connecticut: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
OSAS - Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Questions About Treatment?
Ark Behavioral Health offers 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
100% confidential. We respect your privacy.
Our friendly support team is here to chat 24/7. Opt out any time.