Every year, thousands of people die from drug overdoses in Connecticut and across New England.
This substance abuse problem has triggered the steady rise of over 500 different drug and alcohol rehab centers in the state, each of which can provide specialized care for you or a loved one.
Substance Abuse In Milford And New Haven, Connecticut
A staggering 50,000 people are admitted to Connecticut rehab programs every year, making it one of the nation’s most heavily addicted states.
Other drug abuse statistics include:
- there was a 30.7 per 100,000 people overdose death rate in the state, which is 11th in the country
- about 5,000 DUI arrests occur in the state every year
- Milford residents account for around 300 addiction treatment admissions, with half being new patients, every year
- there are nearly 400 deaths from drug use every year – more than car crashes and firearm incidents
Substance abuse treatment in Bridgeport, West Haven, and across New Haven County provides individualized care in accredited and evidence-based care in a variety of drug treatment programs.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Options Near Milford, Connecticut
When you start drug rehab in Milford, treatment experts evaluate your health and addiction. They then create a unique care method that varies depending on your needs, which may take into account:
- your overall physical health or if you have any health problems
- if you need mental health treatment
- past rehabilitation center experiences
- your drug addiction history
Treatment then provides care such as medical detox, inpatient treatment, outpatient visits, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support. Learn more about these recovery programs to choose one that’s best for your needs.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox Programs
Before you can begin addiction treatment in earnest, it helps to minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Medical detox may provide this care by:
- administering medications to decrease symptoms
- lowering doses to remove drugs entirely
- offering medical advice, monitoring, and support
Most rehab centers start with detoxification and then move on to psychological and behavioral therapy to ensure you have a clear body and mind before treatment.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Many medical specialists suggest residential or inpatient drug rehab because it provides 24/7 care for those who need it most.
Residential treatment services may include:
- peer support groups
- behavioral therapy
- group therapy
- treatment for dual diagnosis or co-occurring mental health issues
Typically, a stay in inpatient rehab lasts anywhere from 30-90 days, depending on your needs. Longer stays prove to be more successful than shorter ones.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient treatment lets a person stay at home and come to a care center every day or once a week.
Outpatient programs exist on three-tiers of intensity:
PHP provides the most extensive kind of care, including detoxification and medical care. Outpatient rehab programs consist mostly of counseling and behavioral therapy, and an IOP is a bit of both.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Alcohol and opioid treatment programs often require specialized care known as medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
This method provides a myriad of treatment services:
- medication like methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone
- behavioral therapy
- job training and placement
- education programs about drugs
Aftercare treatment comes into play once you finish substance use disorder treatment. This care helps you stay on track by offering:
- 12-step programming
- community support resources
- sober-living homes for easier transition
- case management
Health Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment
Insurance helps to make Milford-area rehab easier to afford. A few insurance providers that may cover addiction treatment include:
- Health Integrated, Inc.
- MCG Health, LLC
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Change Healthcare
Connecticut does offer some state-funded rehab options that help people who do not have health insurance. Many of these care centers are free to attend, making them a good choice for those with a limited income.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Milford, Connecticut
Ark Behavioral Health provides four treatment centers that are just a short drive from Milford.
Our rehab centers and located in Massachusetts and include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center: Canton, MA
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center: Quincy, MA
- Recovering Champions: Falmouth, MA
- Spring Hill: Ashby, MA
Please contact us today to learn more about treatment for yourself or a loved one.