Substance abuse in Connecticut has risen sharply since 2012 and has become a pandemic claiming the lives of hundreds every year.
Substance abuse treatment can provide the care that you or your loved one needs to walk away from drug abuse for good and regain a sober life. Learn more about the drug and alcohol rehab process to ensure that you pick the right care method for you.
Substance Abuse In Middletown & Middlesex County, Connecticut
Find out about the top addiction treatment programs in and around Middletown, Connecticut.
Recent reports suggest Connecticut residents are now more likely to die of a drug overdose than they are a motor vehicle accident.
This staggering fact is just one of many addiction statistics that have rocked the state in recent years, including:
- 5,685 deaths from opioids occurred since 2012
- there are up to 82 deaths by fentanyl every year
- a total of 332 overdose deaths occurred in Middletown in peak years
- there was a recent arrest of nearly 50 individuals in a massive heroin ring
Connecticut has attempted to fight this pandemic by opening up rehab centers throughout Middlesex county, Hartford, and other areas.
Addiction Treatment Center Options Near Middleton, Connecticut
Rehab centers focus on person-first care that manages your addiction based on your mental health needs. Elements such as your age, health, the drugs you use, past recovery attempts, and more influence your care type.
Substance abuse treatment options include:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient treatment
- medication-assisted treatment for opioid or alcohol addiction
- aftercare management and support
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox Programs
Withdrawal can be a life-threatening condition that may require the help of an alcohol or drug detox program before you begin treatment.
Detox programs may use:
- medication to balance any health problems
- nutritional guidance to keep you stable
- 24/7 medical advice and support
- other health services
Once you finish withdrawing from drugs or alcohol, you can begin a recovery program at an inpatient or outpatient rehab center.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Those who have a dual diagnosis and need treatment for co-occurring mental health issues respond well to inpatient or residential treatment.
These rehab program may provide:
- recreational activities that promote health and wellness
- behavioral therapy
- peer support in group therapy
- family counseling
- holistic care like yoga and meditation
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Outpatient treatment provides an inpatient level of care for drug addiction but allows you to go home at the end of the day.
The three outpatient treatment options include:
- standard outpatient care with counseling and education
- intensive outpatient programs with at-least nine treatment hours each week
- partial hospitalization programs with up to six-hour treatment sessions each day
Speak with a treatment expert before deciding on outpatient treatment to better serve your recovery and home-life needs.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Opioids and alcohol are the most abused drugs in the nation, and these substance use disorders may require specialized treatment options.
Medication-assisted treatment programs may provide:
- approved medications like methadone or buprenorphine
- cognitive-behavioral therapy sessions
- counseling and peer support groups
Aftercare come into play when your rehab program is over and may include:
- community resources like 12-step programs
- sober-living housing to transition to a safe, real-world environment
- case management
- relapse prevention education and support
Health Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment
Health insurance may cover a portion of the cost of drug rehab. However, policies vary and coverage depends on your specific plan.
Policy providers in Connecticut that may cover treatment include:
- Husky Health Plan
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Colonial Life
Contact an addiction treatment center or your insurance carrier to learn more about your coverage.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Middleton, Connecticut
Let one of our four Ark Behavioral Health treatment facilities provide you with the level of care you need.
Our treatment centers are located in Massachusetts and include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center: Canton, MA
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center: Quincy, MA
- Recovering Champions: Falmouth, MA
- Spring Hill: Ashby, MA
To learn more about our recovery programs, please call our helpline today.