Drug abuse has skyrocketed in Connecticut in recent years, jumping by as much as 5,000 percent in certain areas. The impact of addiction has caused legal troubles, health emergencies, and a rash of deaths in Enfield and throughout the state.
Learn more about how substance abuse treatment in Connecticut and over state lines in Springfield and across Massachusetts can help you live a better life.
Substance Abuse In Enfield & Hartford County, Connecticut
As of 2018, Connecticut has 43 opioid prescriptions for every 100 persons. While this is below the national average of 51.4, it is still much too high.
Other drug addiction statistics from Enfield and Connecticut include:
- 1,069 overdose deaths occurred in 2018 alone
- 93 percent of these deaths were related to opioids
- there was a 218 percent increase in drug overdose deaths from 2012 to 2018
- 14-20 overdose deaths occur, on average, in Enfield per year
Enfield and the state of Connecticut are working to end the opioid pandemic by creating more rehab options for residents or creating state-funded opportunities to meet their needs.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Options Near Enfield, Connecticut
Currently, Enfield has no rehab centers within its borders but does have a large number of centers anywhere from 10-60 miles away, including several nearby in Massachusetts.
Choosing one of these treatment centers varies based on your:
- alcohol or drug addiction
- history of attending an addiction or chemical dependency program
- health problems impacting you
- mental health concerns
- payment options and insurance
Individualized care methods help treat you on a person-first basis, including treatment services like medical detoxification, inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, specialized treatment programs for opioid and alcohol addiction, and aftercare support.
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox Programs
Start your recovery with a detox program to eliminate withdrawal symptoms, manage your physical suffering, and help prepare you for drug or alcohol rehab.
Short-term detox programs may provides:
- medication to reduce withdrawal symptoms
- medical advice and care in the event of a medical emergency
- 24/7 supervision and support
- IV fluids and nutritional guidance
When you finish with detoxification, you or your loved one can choose between many different rehab programs to further enhance your recovery progress.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient treatment facilities create a caring atmosphere staffed by licensed medical experts who can handle physical and mental health problems related to addiction.
Residential treatment services may include:
- evidence-based behavioral therapies
- individual counseling
- group therapy
- 24-hour supervision
- peer support groups
- exercise and other holistic care methods
You may also receive psychiatric care for dual diagnosis, or when a mental health issue co-occurs with substance use disorder.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Those who do not react well to inpatient care may receive outpatient treatment that allows them to go home after each treatment session.
Outpatient treatment types include:
- outpatient programs for behavioral adjustment
- intensive inpatient programs (IOPs)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) that integrates more intensive mental health treatment
Work with your care counselor to choose an option that works for you and create a care plan that is adjusted for your career and family schedule.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
Treating alcohol and opioid addiction is a specialized situation that often requires medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
MAT programs are likely to include:
- FDA-approved medications like naltrexone or methadone
- behavioral therapy and peer support
- education on addiction
MAT may be available as part of both inpatient or outpatient treatment programs.
Aftercare provides you with support once you finish at a rehab facility to support your adjustment back to the real world.
Aftercare may include:
- sober-living housing
- 12-step programs like Narcotics Anonymous
- job placement
- substance abuse counseling
- education programs on drug abuse
Many programs of this type also integrate case managers who can give referrals to other treatment programs or community resources.
Health Insurance Coverage & Payment Options For Addiction Treatment
Treatment for drug addiction may be covered by insurance, but coverage depends on your particular plan. Contact your healthcare provider or insurance carrier for more information.
A few Connecticut insurance companies that may cover professional care at an addiction treatment center include:
- Anthem Health Plans
- Connecticare Benefits
- Mutual of Omaha
- Husky Health Plan
- Medicaid or Medicare
If you don’t have insurance, there are also state-funded rehab centers in Connecticut. Many treatment centers also offer payment options like sliding-scale fees to make rehab cost align closer with your financial situation.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near Enfield, Connecticut
Ark Behavioral Health operates four rehab centers in Massachusetts that are no more than an hour’s drive from Enfield, Connecticut.
Our treatment options include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center in Quincy
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth
- Spring Hill in Ashby
Please contact us to learn more about our treatment facilities and programs.