Connecticut often ranks in the top 10 or 15 of drug addiction in the state and has a very high level of treatment success–around 50,000 people every year attend rehab in the state.
As a result, it is possible to get treatment to beat addiction and live a healthier life in East Hartford or the surrounding areas.
Substance Abuse In East Hartford & Hartford County, Connecticut
East Hartford is the victim of 90 percent more crimes than the rest of the state, most of which are fueled by drug addiction and abuse.
Consider other statistics from Connecticut:
- there are nearly 31 opioid overdose deaths per 100,000
- there are over 400 deaths every year due to overdose and addiction
- there are high levels of cannabis use – nearly 70 percent of all drug users in the state start with marijuana
- there are increasing drug-related arrest rates – up to 5,000 people every year
- dozens of people are sent to Connecticut hospitals every week due to drug overdoses
Drug or alcohol rehab programs in East Hartford and across Connecticut and New England can address both addiction and the underlying mental health issues that co-occur with it.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Options Near East Hartford, Connecticut
The substance abuse treatment options near East Hartford and around Hartford County create individualized treatment plans to address you or your loved one’s individual needs.
You can receive treatment services like:
- medical detoxification
- inpatient treatment
- outpatient drug rehab
- medication-assisted treatment for opioid or alcohol addiction
- aftercare support
Medical Drug & Alcohol Detox
Alcohol or drug detox programs use a carefully controlled flow of medications to decrease your relapse risk and prevent withdrawal symptoms at the same time.
Detox centers may also:
- prepare you for addiction treatment
- provide 24/7 medical advice and supervision for medical emergencies
- create nutrition support
The methods below are almost always paired with detox because it is one of the most effective ways to decrease drug abuse and streamline your recovery.
Inpatient Drug Rehab
The gold standard for addiction recovery is inpatient or residential treatment. You’ll be placed in a rehab facility during this treatment and receive:
- 24/7 supervision and support
- group therapy
- behavioral therapy
- peer support groups
All of these options are provided by licensed and trained technicians who understand this treatment’s demands.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Those who cannot or do not want to stay at a drug treatment center can attend outpatient treatment in daily or weekly sessions.
The three programming tiers at an outpatient rehab center include:
Outpatient treatment provides counseling and behavior adjustments, while intensive care provides some medical help. Partial hospitalization offers most of the care you’d get with inpatient centers, but you go home after each session.
Opioid & Alcohol Treatment Programs
East Hartford residents addicted to alcohol or opioid can receive medication-assisted treatment for these issues.
MAT is a specialized medical and behavioral process that:
- assesses your emotional and psychological struggles
- offers buprenorphine, methadone maintenance, or naltrexone
- provides behavioral therapy, group therapy, and other treatment services
Finishing at a rehabilitation center isn’t the end of your recovery, as you may need aftercare services to prevent relapse:
- peer support groups
- community resources
- sober-living facilities
Health Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment
Many different insurance policies can cover addiction treatment in the state, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Connecticut
- Health Integrated, Inc.
- Medicare and Medicaid
- MCG Health, LLC
- Change Healthcare
- some military insurance plans
If you don’t have a policy from these providers or cannot afford insurance, check the Connecticut Behavioral Health network to find treatment facilities that provide state-funded treatment that includes payment assistance.
Ark Behavioral Health Treatment Centers Near East Hartford, Connecticut
Ark Behavioral Health treatment centers are located in Massachusetts and provide many benefits.
Our substance use rehab centers that may work for you include:
- Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton
- Northeast Addictions Treatment Center in Quincy
- Recovering Champions in Falmouth
- Spring Hill in Ashby
For more information on our recovery programs, please connect with our helpline today.